1. Business Development
- Responsible to actively sell transaction services and create cross selling opportunities; generate new work from existing clients, keep seniors apprised of opportunities.
- Responsible to generate ideas for transactions and deal structuring and be aware of key issues in negotiations.
- Responsible to develop contacts with key persons in the State Industrial Development Corporations, Trade Associations, India Entry Consultants etc.
- Overall responsible for client perception in the geography
2. Transaction Execution/Client Servicing:
- Ensure implementation of SOP and compliance with processes at city level in consultation with the Associate Director.
- Prepare Job Engagements
- Provide technical inputs, analysis, conceptualize solutions, transaction documents and presentations to clients
- Identify early deal breakers in the transaction and provide innovative solutions
- Communication with clients and raise new issues with clients.
- Negotiating on behalf of clients and successfully close transaction
- Managing client perception with respect to the transaction.
3. Billing and Collections:
- Raise invoices and aggressive follow up for Collections.
4. Business Plan:
- Provide inputs for Industrial business plan and future direction of the industrial practice.
- Maximize profitability of the Industrial business through effective management of costs and income.
- Analyze transactions completed to identify future efficiencies through better staffing and increased delegation.
5. Business Risk Management:
- Evaluate economic and legal risks to the firm arising out of engagements, consult and adopt suitable risk management practices.
- Monitor risks through regular review and adherence to the risk register.
6. Human Resources:
- To collaborate with the team members in meeting and exceeding targets, monitor and enhance productivity levels of team members.
- To support the Performance Management process by ensuring Goal setting exercise are completed within timelines and to conduct an annual and mid-term performance management review with team.
- Reviewing risks and demonstrates a quality focus to mitigate attrition.
- To support conducting of all Team Employee Relations procedures with the active support of Team HR
7. Management Information/Reporting:
- Monthly, Annual and any need based MIS that may be required for any Review.
8. Professional Development:
- Keep abreast of new developments in profession, business and the regulatory environment and disseminate among the team.
- Build an excellent network with peers and professionals in the field.
- Represent the firm at Seminars/ Conferences.
Qualifications and Experience:Education:
- Graduate Degree in Finance, Economics, Real Estate or Engineering & preferably a Post Graduate/MBA from a reputed Indian Institution.
- 5-9 Years hands on experience into corporate real estate, particularly experience in Industrial / Commercial transactions
- Ideally the last 2-3 years should have been with a leading IPC/Big 4 Firm/Boutique Investment Bank with a strong Real Estate practice.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of transaction structures, Investment themes and regulatory scenario in the Real Estate industry.
- The candidate should have a verifiable and proven record of successfully closing commercial transactions and a thorough knowledge of the local market. Candidates with experience of handling industrial transactions would be preferred.
Particular Aptitudes/Skills – Deal Maker, Transaction Management skills, Strong Networking Skills, Strong Persuasion Skills, Commercial Acumen, Effective Negotiation Skills, Impactful Presentation Skills, Exceptional Communication Skills, Active Listening Skills, Leadership and Managerial Skills, Understanding Economic and Legal Risks in an engagement, Ambitious and Career Oriented, Highly passionate about work.
IT Proficiency – MS Office, HRIS