Job Purpose : The CFO is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
The position shall report into the company CEO who in turn reports into the Promoter / Directors.
Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Personally review and approve all statutory filings with the appropriate regulatory authorities
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Invest funds
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
Desired Qualifications: The candidate Chief Financial Officer should be a FCA or MBA in Finance from a premier Management School with business experience of 15+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
The Company :
Our client is a specialist retail and residential led mixed use real estate developer. The company has a strong balance sheet, a large land bank fully paid, a planned pipeline of projects and a strong domestic execution team.
The business model is to acquire large land parcels at select locations in high growth corridors within city limits. Subsequently design, develop, execute and manage high quality Regional Shopping and Entertainment Centres and on the conjugant land bank to develop and sell mixed-use Residential Townships and Commercial Office Blocks to create new ‘city centres’ across the rapidly evolving Indian urban landscape.
The overarching plan is to develop long term scarce assets with properties that optimize the intrinsic value of the land with sale of Residential and Commercial units to monetize the land banks facilitating the creation of debt-free retail assets generating annual income over the long term. As India’s retail market matures, quality retail real estate assets are expected to develop high yield compression ratios.
The company has attracted investments from major institutional investors, notably the Triangle Fund (anchored by Old Mutual Group, South Africa) and the Lewis Trust Group, UK in its subsidiary Companies.
The Company owns six land banks in strategic city locations across the country and set up its first mall in Maharashtra in 2010. and recently in Coimbatore.
The company is Listed on BSE and NSE.
For any questions on the position and the way forward please call us on 9773772000.
Accounts / Finance / Audit / Taxation
Banking, Financial Services, Real Estate / Property, Projects
MBA, CA, CFA
Field of Specialization
Total Years of Experience
15 - 20 years
Budgeted Salary Range
Best in the Industry