The Channel Sales Development Manager will develop Channel markets and engage specific Channel partners to increase NetApp’s products and solutions sales. The role includes, but is not limited to, the development and execution of a strategy to create joint value propositions. You will work closely with the Sales teams as well as NetApp functional peers to leverage current sales tools and solutions. This role requires strong communication and collaboration skills combined with a sense of urgency to drive revenue generation for the assigned Region and Area.
– Focus on developing Channel markets and engage specific technology & System Integrator partners to meet sales targets.
– Develop and maintain a business plan for key markets penetration in assigned area. Use the business plan as a roadmap for “Go to Market” and development initiatives.
– Contract and manage new Channel Partners, if the need arises.
– Work closely with district sales and regional sales management on development and execution of a sales strategy; adhere to available resources and district sales objectives.
– Drive the strategy for business development with selected partners (e.g. Techmahindra , DXC, Dimension Data etc) to increase incremental sales within the Region.
– Leverage partner solutions and resources within the NetApp sales force – including mapping of the sales organizations at the sales district level and assuring that the teams are working together on a updated pipeline of opportunities.
– Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
– Provide the sales foundation and credibility associated with recruiting new Channel partners; and build loyal relationships that produce predictable, recurring revenue streams.
– Be seen and treated by Channel partners as a trusted and valued resource to them.
– Collaborate with the field marketing organization to plan, deliver and manage an effective communication and demand generation campaign for each partner across the region.
– Work with marketing to access current sales tools and drive the creation of new solutions.
– Work with peers within across NetApp field and marketing organizations to assure that best practices are utilized to drive effective partner campaigns.
– Provide sales representation at Channel marketing events.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer service, business and negotiation skills.
– Ability to travel within assigned region, working closely with District Managers, Sales Representatives, and channel partners. Occasional travel outside of region required.
– A strong understanding of the sales process and Channel Sales.
– High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
– A thorough understanding of go-to-market strategies including account segmentation, products, marketing strategies, etc.
– Broad exposure to a variety of technologies/concepts in a distributed environment.
Responsibility and Interaction:
– The tasks this individual is responsible for are often unstructured, have wide implications and there are multiple outcomes.
– This individual will apply broad expertise or unique technical/industry knowledge in solving problems that are unique and extremely complex given time, budget and resource constraints.
– Demonstrate leadership and vision in determining and driving strategy decisions.
– This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
– Limited supervision is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently.
– The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.
– To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups within NetApp and in partner organizations.
– Often acts as mentor or facilitator.
Education and Experience
– A minimum of 12 years of experience is preferred.
– A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; or related field is required
– Demonstrated ability to have conceived & executed multiple, complex solution projects with System Integrators.
– Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in Channel sales with sound knowledge of the Indian market.
Full time / Part time
INDIA – Mumbai