Opportunity to work with a leading Conglomerate eyeing 2x turnover in 2 years
About Our Client
Our client is a publicly listed, multiproduct Indian conglomerate with an annual turnover of over 4200cr with a multi-product portfolio spanning industrial chemicals, bulk and speciality fertilisers, farming diagnostics and solutions, technical ammonium nitrate, mining services and consulting and value added real estate. They currently have 4 manufacturing facilities and are establishing 4 other green field projects across India eyeing 2x turnover globally. They are looking for an Operations Head at their biggest manufacturing facility at Taloja, Mumbai which supports a business turnover of 3000cr.
Reporting into the President-Manufacturing and handling a team of Head of Departments at the plant (Production, Technical Services, Materials and Procurement, Quality, HSE, Finance, HR), you will be responsible for
- Actively participating in strategic and operational planning for the unit with respective sector heads to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales and setting operations budgets with function wise allocations.
- Overseeing development of and sign-off on well-integrated functional plans and budgets (production, supply chain, procurement, quality, HSE etc) ensuring that objectives are achieved through collaboration and support from other departments
- Making key capacity utilisation decisions across businesses ensuring that consolidated production is at lowest cost and within planned schedule.
- Ensuring compliance to all regulatory, statutory, and quality standard requirements at the plan and implementing process improvement project and TPM.
- Optimising Energy Consumption and implementing best practices in HSE
- Developing close relationships with union representatives and ensures that all IR issues are duly reported and addressed in a timely manner and Ensures a high level of compliance to all statutory acts ( e.g Factory Acts)
- Liaising regularly with other functional/departmental managers so as to ensure that operations plans are capable of meeting product demands, and aligned to business unit plans and Building relations with various external agencies, such as vendors, customers, industry bodies, contractors, government bodies etc
- Managing, measuring and reviewing performance, capability and morale of the Production, Supply chain and procurement, Quality, SHE and Repairs and Maintenance departments as well as the support function business (HR, Finance and Systems) in Operations
- Assessing project proposals received from the business, support and providing insight to projects team into evaluation of project feasibility, prioritise and sanction projects for various operational and business unit needs
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you are a Chemical Engineer with 20+ years of experience and a MBA and should have worked in continuous production process plant ( Chemical/Petrochemical/Oil Refineries/Fertilisers). You should have experience in managing all the functional departments at an operations level and not just manufacturing/production/supply chain. You should have strategic thinking, excellent financial acumen, sound understanding of Operations Management, excellent interpersonal skills, Strong conceptual, planning, conflict management and decision-making skills and relationship building skills. You should have demonstrated excellent track record in your last roles and should be ready for the next challenging role in a growing organisation.
What’s on Offer
Great Career Progression