As the senior architect, you will be responsible for the overall architecture and design for ScaleArc’s products. You will also be responsible for developing and unit-testing various modules for the ScaleArc’s products. You will work with product management on customer requirements, apply your knowledge to functional design, utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation, and interact with quality assurance teams in the whole software development cycle.
This position is based in Mumbai or Pune and reports to the Vice President of Engineering, India.
- Architect, design, implement, test, and maintain all of the components of ScaleArc’s database traffic management products.
- Collaborate with the product management team and/or work directly with the field organizations/customer to finalize the feature/ product requirements.
- Work with the senior management to define the product strategy.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Motivate and mentor fellow engineers.
- Stay ahead of the technology curve and make recommendations about technologies to build current and future products.
- In-depth knowledge and product development experience of working on one or more layers (Layer3 through Layer7) of the networking stack.
- Hands on experience with TCP/IP Sockets and UNIX/Linux internals, multi-threaded and systems programming.
- Excellent debugging skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience/Working knowledge of Clustering Frameworks and designing fault tolerant distributed systems
- Knowledge and experience with Linux appliances, Cloud infrastructure software like Openstack, HTTP Caching/Proxies and Web traffic acceleration techniques and technologies.
- Experience with database internals like SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Deep understanding and experience of L4 to L7 services (like Load balancing, Firewall, Application Firewall, NAT, etc) architectures and algorithms
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies like ESXi, KVM, Xen, HyperV
- Knowledge of Linux kernel, especially with networking aspects and high availability
- Experience of developing software Modules that scale horizontally and are built for auto-scaling and availability from ground-up
- Proficient in C and familiar with Unix/Linux development environment, experience with multi-processor programming preferred
- 15+ years of relevant development experience
- Strong knowledge of software development processes and methodologies in a software company with short release cycles
- Team player, can-do attitude and take initiative
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Good communication skills to work with cross-functional groups
- Strong skills in large-scale software design and development
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills