The Financial Markets Advisory Group (“FMA”) is an advisory unit that works with clients on complex issues related to the intersection of the balance sheet and the capital markets.
- FMA’s primary clients are banks, broker-dealers, market intermediaries, insurance companies, large institutional investors, central banks, finance ministries, regulatory agencies and non-governmental / multilateral organizations
- FMA’s business combines the capital markets expertise of an investment bank, the portfolio management capabilities of a global asset manager, the big data analytical and processing capabilities of a technology company and the creative problem-solving of a financial institutions consultancy
FMA provides tailored and unbiased advice to holders of complex capital markets exposures:
- Valuation and risk assessment of balance sheet exposures, including securities, loans, derivatives, income and equity capital;
- Strategic advisory engagements, focused on balance sheet strategy, stress testing and capital planning; M&A/restructuring transaction support; default and counterparty risk management and asset-liability management and hedge advisory; and
- Specialized asset management and transaction execution services , including near-, intermediate- and long-term wind-downs and dispositions; asset workouts and restructuring; enforcement and commutation and unwind and termination of synthetic exposures
- Work closely with the teams in Gurgaon, New York, and London in the valuation and risk management of portfolios of Structured Finance securities.
- Ascertain the risks underlying distressed and illiquid financial instruments using Blackrock’s proprietary models & tools. Develop customized models for exotic positions and present the results to Portfolio Managers.
- Propose buy/sell recommendation in line with the investment plan and regulatory concerns of the client.
- Liaise with other analysts, developers and financial modelers in enhancing our proprietary credit models,
- reporting and analysis
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to managing/developing the models’ feeds, analyzing the data output and suggesting/implementing process improvement
- Constant need to track and manage multiple projects with respect to timelines, resource estimation and quality control
- Coordinate with the teams in India and other Blackrock offices in analyzing risk analytics data and suggesting modelling changes/improvements
- Serve as subject matter expert on valuation, risk assessment, and modeling of the various financial products
- Source, train and develop talent, including customized modeling staff and technical writers, to support the function
- Liaise/collaborate with other teams within BlackRock on related project execution, staffing and resourcing
- Help to build a strong connect of the Mumbai team with the Gurgaon team on a regular basis
- Prior Experience of 8-12 years in the Banking and Financial Services Industry
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of financial markets and current events, and be able to understand
- Ability to interpret performance metrics on broad Asset-Classes (Private Equity, Asset Backed Securities,
- Corp-bonds, Sovereigns, ABS, etc.) and produce specific Market commentary
- Exposure to Econometric and cashflow modeling of bespoke and illiquid instruments will be a plus
- Strong quantitative and data interpretation/manipulation skills using Advanced Excel, VBA, and SQL is desirable
- Able to write and understand complex financial algorithms for implementing methods, tools and applications
- Team player with collaborative and strong interpersonal skills; mentors and coaches junior resources along the way; leads by example
- Prior experience in managing strong teams of professionals is desirable
- Superior organizational skills, self-starter who can work independently and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment under minimal supervision
- A bachelor’s / master’s degree in quantitative areas such as Engineering, Economics or Mathematics from a reputed institute (Tier I & II)
- Professional Certifications such as FRM, CFA or progress toward a plus
- Experience with scripting, data management, and / or visualization tools / programming languages, e.g. R, Python, SAS, and SQL, with fluency in any one will be a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.